Sunday 15 January 2017

Find your dream!

Francois Mouton representing South Africa in HearthStone at IeSF's 8th World Championships - Jakarta. 
It is not easy to find your dream.

There are so many people along the way that  might attempt to deter you, or steer you along a different path for their own ulterior motives.

Then there are those who go out and try to educate and get you to create a considered opinion.

In my own life, I consider myself to be blessed to be surrounded by the latter.

My parents (now deceased) always promoted freedom of thought at a time in South Africa when such freedom was not much appreciated. Then there was Zvi Katabi, my old swimming coach, who added much, and to whom I shall always be indebted.

But I digress.

Many gamers will look at the two options offered to gamers in South Africa by Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) on the one side, and by private operators (like TELKOM) on the other.

Such gamers feel that they need to choose between the two.

The truth is that gamers can do both.

Few gamers are aware that  the league offered by TELKOM was in fact started by MSSA in 2005.

It is important though that gamers get in as many competition type games as possible if they are to improve on an international stage.

In my own experience, I have found that I was only ready for international competition if I had played in at least 5 competitions between championships

Thus, in order to find your dream, you have to put in a lot of work.

Your dream will  not just fall into your lap, and often you will find that the more difficult path leads to greater success.

Just as it takes years of study to acquire a degree to find the career of choice, so becoming a professional gamer requires hours of training, competitive play, and taking every opportunity that is offered no matter by what, who, or whom.

No comments:

Post a Comment