|Gamers in action at MSSA's 21st North West Championship hosted by Curro Klerksdorp.|
Over the years, MSSA has seen most of its championships grow from strength-to-strength.
The reason for continued and sustainable growth is:
- A belief by the volunteers in the value of what they are doing,
- Selfless dedication by the volunteers,
- Commitment to the sport based on serving individuals, and not making a financial profit,
- Solid administration by both the federation and its member clubs, and
- A strong foothold across the country.
This is evident as MSSA continues to push to increase its footprint in all 9 provinces and in all 56 regions.
The LAN championships held in the more remote areas do not make a financial profit, and while many of such championships make a financial loss, the benefit afforded to gamers is priceless.
The policy of MSSA increasing its footprint has many benefits, a few of which are:
- Increasing the number of clubs around the country,
- Enhancing the competitiveness of all esports athletes - no matter where they live, and
- Enabling a greater number of esports athletes to qualify for the prestigious http://esportscommentator.blogspot.co.za/2016/12/qualifying-for-protea-colours.html.
Such growth is also responsible for South Africa to be ranked 14th in the World by International eSports Federation.