- Tailor-made education for sporting high school athletes.
- More time and flexibility to devote to your sport.
- Choice of 3 curricula.
- Full choice of subjects.
- We already educate SA national squad members across 3 different sports.
- Unique energizing sessions to start the day, aid concentration & develop physical literacy and hand-eye coordination.
- Join Balderstone Sports Institute at Huddle Park on Wed 13 June 2018 to find out more. Email email@example.com to book a place.
Tuesday, 22 May 2018
ATTN SPORTING HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS & PARENTS
|MSSA's 2017 Protea Esports Team - at the forefront of long-term development.|
never takes selection for a national team lightly.
Since being selected to officially represent South Africa for esports is the same as being represented by any other South African National Federation for any other sport, team selection must have great meaning to the esports players. The award of National Team status for esports also leads to comparisons from other sports as it is the highest level in esports, just as much as the Springboks are the highest level in rugby.
The selection process always has a dilemma as it is known that when choosing a team for international duty, concepts such as 'potential' does not have any meaning. Also, with South Africa being so far away from mainstream events, it is always difficult to relate how players who have performed well at regional, provincial, and national championships will perform at a international level.
That is why, with MSSA there is no automatic selection to the team.
Every player standing for selection has to reprove him/herself.
International competition is tough. Much tougher than anything that you will encounter in South Africa, and that is part of the problem.
In my opinion a number of events, with their large cash prizes, do nothing to develop strength or depth.
Such events seem to only promote the same old favoured few with no real eye to developing real gaming strength for the future. Without a long-term view, South African gaming will never improve and South African teams shall, in my opinion, remain the whipping boys of the international community.
I am too reminded of when MSSA brought out
MSSA arranged, as a courtesy, a 'friendly' between SK Gaming's Counter-Strike: GO team against a South African club team. The match was so one-sided, it was horrible. Since it was BO3, SK Gaming rather than thrash the local team again, just gave them the third game.
Such act lead to the local team claiming how they held off SK Gaming instead of taking a long hard look at themselves. People always tend to believe their own propaganda.
But I ramble.
In conclusion, for South Africa to do well overseas, all teams must buy-in to a long-term development programme and not look to quick gratification. The average standard of play must be improved upon if players expect to improve the highest level of play.
While there are the exceptional cases of individuals who may achieve greatness inn spite of their surroundings, generally speaking, successful athletes are produced in successful environments which have successful coaches, expert administrators, and efficient administration.
Monday, 21 May 2018
|Curro Klerksdorp's team after winning MSSA's North West Provincial Championships.|
Even though DotA 2 has not been announced to be played at IESF's 10th World Championships - Koahsuing City, Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) will endeavour to arrange test matches with other National Federations in order to further develop the standard of play in South Africa. It is through such test matches that the Protea Esports Team has played against countries like Romania, Namibia, and Mexico.
Thus it is not surprising, that seventy-eight (78) registered players have qualified for MSSA's National Team Trials (NTT) to be held on 2 & 3 June 2018.
However, for those who have not yet qualified, there is one last chance, and that is MSSA's 17th Mpumalanga Championships to be held at HTS Witbank on 26 and 27 May 2018.
All entries for MSSA's National Team Trials (NTT) to be held on 2 & 3 June 2018 must be entered by the club on its Google Drive page.
Those that have qualified for the DotA 2 esports title are:
|#||Name of player||Club||Period/title||Province|
|1||Aiden Vermeulen||Northcliff High School||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|2||Alaric Mcgregor||Bishop’s College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|3||Ali Khazem||SAHETI||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|4||Alvin Ke||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|5||Andrew Haralambous||SAHETI||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|6||Antonio Bechev||SAHETI||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|7||Arend Roux||Parys High School||Dota 2||Free State|
|8||Arno de Beer||Paul Roos Gimnasium||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|9||Austin Liu||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|10||Bill Lu||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|11||Branden Van Staden||Oakhill College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|12||Brandon Watts||Northcliff High School||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|13||Brendon Badenhorst||Parys High School||Dota 2||Free State|
|14||Callum Fraser||Bishop’s College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|15||Cameron Gilburt||Fragcon||DotA 2||Limpopo|
|16||Christopher Coetzee||Oakhill College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|17||Cillie van Biljon||Hoërskool Zwartkop||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|18||Cobus Coetzee||Fragcon||DotA 2||Limpopo|
|19||Darren Bouttell||Northcliff High School||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|20||Darren Spiers||Westville Boys High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|21||Devon Gomes||Curro Klerksdorp||Dota 2||North West|
|22||Devon Murray||SAHETI||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|23||Dillon Niemann||Fragcon||DotA 2||Limpopo|
|24||Dirk de Waal||Paul Roos Gimnasium||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|25||DJ Malan||Fragcon||DotA 2||Limpopo|
|26||Elardus van Zyl||Fragcon||DotA 2||Limpopo|
|27||Erik v/d Merwe||Fragcon||DotA 2||Limpopo|
|28||Estevan Fouche||Parys High School||Dota 2||Free State|
|29||Estian Oosthuizen||NW Mindsports||Dota 2||North West|
|30||Ethan Bush||Westville Boys High School||DotA 2||Kwazulu Natal|
|31||Francois Joubert||Paul Roos Gimnasium||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|32||Henderson Reuben||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|33||Henk Meyer||Hoërskool Zwartkop||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|34||James Britz||Westville Boys High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|35||James Britz||Westville Boys High School||DotA 2||Kwazulu Natal|
|36||Jan du Plooy||Fragcon||DotA 2||Limpopo|
|37||Jaryd Krishna||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|38||Jasper Crowley||Fragcon||DotA 2||Limpopo|
|39||JC Smidt||Parys High School||Dota 2||Free State|
|40||Jean du Plessis||Paul Roos Gimnasium||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|41||Jordan Adams||Westville Boys High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|42||Karl Stapleberg||Bishop’s College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|43||Ke Alvin||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|44||Keagan Oliphant||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|45||Kit Rawlings||Northcliff High School||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|46||Knight Daniel||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|47||Kobus Nel||NW Mindsports||Dota 2||North West|
|48||Krishna Jaryd||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|49||Kyle Underwood||Oakhill College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|50||Landen Viljoen||Northcliff High School||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|51||Leon Louw||Hoërskool Zwartkop||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|52||Liam Watson||Oakhill College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|53||Liu Austin||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|54||Lourens Kok||Oakhill College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|55||Lu Bill||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|56||Luc Van Den Handel||Oakhill College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|57||Matthew Brooks||Curro Klerksdorp||Dota 2||North West|
|58||Matthew von Bulow||Bishop’s College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|59||Michael Katakuzinos||SAHETI||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|60||Mohammed Dhooma||Westville Boys High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|61||Mohammed Gabru||Curro Klerksdorp||Dota 2||North West|
|62||Nathan Austin||Oakhill College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|63||Nick Culverwell||Westville Boys High School||DotA 2||Kwazulu Natal|
|64||Oliphant Keagan||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|65||Peter Mansfield||Curro Klerksdorp||Dota 2||North West|
|66||Richard Visser||Curro Klerksdorp||Dota 2||North West|
|67||Ryan Shearer||Oakhill College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|68||Ryno Duvenage||Hoërskool Zwartkop||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|69||Simon Shearer||Oakhill College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|70||SJ Strydom||Hoërskool Zwartkop||DotA 2||Gauteng|
|71||Stehan Malherbe||Paul Roos Gimnasium||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|72||Sven Botha||Oakhill College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|73||Tiaan Jordaan||Parys High School||Dota 2||Free State|
|74||Tristan Smith||Bishop’s College||DotA 2||Western Cape|
|75||Vernon Jones||Fragcon||DotA 2||Limpopo|
|76||Wynand Bezuidenhout||Fragcon||DotA 2||Limpopo|
|77||Yu Hsiang||Northwood High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
|78||Zaid Patel||Westville Boys High School||DotA 2||KwaZulu Natal|
Registered Players that have earned a berth at MSSA's 2018 National Team Trials (NTT) are:
- Counter-Strike: GO - 6th Limpopo Championships
- CounterStrike: GO - 8th Online Inter-School Championships
- Counter-Strike: GO - 9th Online Provincial Championships
- Counter-Strike: GO - 16th Mpumulanga Provincial Championships
- Counter-Strike: GO - 26th North West Provincial Championships
- CounterStrike: GO - 36th Gauteng Provincial Championships
- DotA 2 - 6th Limpopo Provincial Championships
- DotA 2 - 8th Online Inter-School Championships
- Dota 2 - 9th Online Provincial Championships
- DotA 2 - 36th Gauteng Provincial Championships
- FIFA - 8th Online Inter-School Championships
- FIFA - 36th Gauteng Provincial Championships
- Hearthstone - 8th Online Inter-School Championships
- Hearthstone - 36th Gauteng Provincial Championships
- League of Legends - 6th Limpopo Provincial Championships
- League of Legends - 8th Online Inter-School Championships
- League of Legends - 9th Online Provincial Championships
- League of Legends - 31st South African National Championships
- League of Legends - 36th Gauteng Provincial Championships
- Morabaraba - 36th Gauteng Provincial Championships
- Mortal Kombat X - 31st South African National Championships
- Pro Evolution Soccer - 31st South African National Championships
- Pro Evolution Soccer - 36th Gauteng Provincial Championships
- Rocket League - 36th Gauteng Provincial Championships
- StarCraft II - 6th Limpopo Provincial Championships
- StarCraft II - 36th Gauteng Provincial Championships
- Street Fighter V - 6th Limpopo Championships
- Street Fighter V - 31st South African National Championships
- Street Fighter V - 36th Gauteng Provincial Championships
- Tekken - 6th Limpopo Provincial Championships
- Tekken - 8th Online Inter-School Championships
- Tekken - 9th Online Provincial Championships
- Tekken - 31st South African National Championships
- Tekken - 36th Gauteng Provincial Championships
- Vainglory - 8th Online Inter-School Championships